Sunday 17 June 2012

My Trip to Wisley


I went to Wisley, the weather was windy
The sky was quite cloudy and grey
But I met up with inspirational people
We laughed lots and had a great day
There were people who’d lost their loved ones
And those living with the dreaded MND
But whatever their reason for coming along
They all had a big effect on me
Some days when I’m feeling depressed and quite sad
I must try to remember these words
To think about others who are ‘living’, like me
With a disease that seems so absurd
It robs your life of most everything
Except you can think, laugh and cry
Conversing for some, is almost impossible
But, now enabled with the blink of an eye
I must live out my life with an upbeat stance
Try to leave behind a positive legacy
Start everyday with a smile on my face
Just like those friends I made at Wisley

No comments:

Post a Comment