Wednesday, 29 August 2012

This Bitch, MND!


I’m crying now, most everyday
This MND won’t go away
It crept along at a slow pace
But now affects me from toes to face
The latest aspect to appear
Is loss of arm strength, and I fear
With it goes my independence
Inability to feed myself makes me tense
Increasing need to rely on others
Makes me feel like a child and its mother
My husband now has to spoon feed me
But with his bad eyesight he cannot see
He’s constantly feeding my chin, nose or cheek
I spend much of each mealtime trying hard not to shriek
‘Higher, right’, or words like this
God, when I fed my children it was ‘a piece of p**s’!
My OCD doesn’t help the situation
It only adds to my severe frustration
Can’t blow my nose or scratch an itch
I can assure you that MND is a ‘bitch’!!

1 comment:

  1. Motor Neuron Disease is an incurable disease destroying the body’s cells which control movement causing progressive disability. We are very excited about the results which have given us some new ideas for Motor Neuron Disease Treatment strategies which may help to slow disease progression in human MN.

    http://www.herbs-solutions-by-nature.com/Motor-Neuron-Disease.php

    ReplyDelete