Saturday 18 December 2010

CUM AWN, IT'S CHRISTMAS!!


The trees are all adorned with pretty decorations

The presents are all bought, there was no hesitation

A card was duly made, complete with a photo of our tree

I wrote a little poem, e mailed it out to all, “From me”!

Shopping for the turkey was done by telephone

Most of the feast for Christmas delivered to our home

I’m watching ‘Christmas’ films, they’re all over our TV

Can’t wait for Christmas day when my children come to me

Christmas isn’t just a time for the young or mums and dads

It isn’t just a time for getting the toys from TV ads

It’s the time when families should all be together

Making sure you gather as one, despite the weather

The snow, though it is deep, doesn’t bother us one jot

Are we prepared for Christmas? Guys, we’ve done the lot!

CUM AWN, IT’S CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, Steve! Well done. Poetry is a good way to get things off your chest.
    xx

    ReplyDelete